Re: [dev] dmenu visibility issue (+patch)

From: Troels Henriksen <athas_AT_sigkill.dk>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2010 08:29:28 +0200

Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com> writes:

> Hey,
>
> On 1 April 2010 23:16, anonymous <aim0shei_AT_lavabit.com> wrote:
>> What if we run 2 dmenu?
>
> You can't. Grabbing the keyboard locks out all other processes, so a
> second dmenu just dies silently.

Yes. This will indeed be a problem if two programs both wish to keep on
top, but I don't think that will happen. Most keep-on-top programs
(panels) use window manager assistance to keep from occluding other
windows. And even if you end up with two programs fighting for
supremacy, you can still just terminate one of them, they shouldn't
become unresponsive.

--
\  Troels
/\ Henriksen