Re: [dev] dwm bug fixing season

From: voltaic <voltaic_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 15:01:42 -0400

Anselm,

The resolution switching bug that Biolunar reported also occurs on my system.

When I use two monitors, one larger in resolution than the other, the
bar is drawn using the smaller x-dimension on both screens. I think
what's happening is that there are two bars drawn, but the short bar
is always on top of the long bar such that I can't see the information
under the short bar. If I switch to the small screen, hide the short
bar, and then switch to the large screen, the long bar is drawn
correctly.

A similar problem occurs when I have started dwm on a small resolution
monitor (laptop screen) and then I switch to a large external display.
When I do this, the bar itself is drawn for the original smaller
resolution, but the information to be printed on the bar is
right-aligned for a longer bar. So what I see is a bar that has the
right hand side of it cut-off. See attached screenshot.

I am using standard options for xrandr such as --output VGA1 --auto, etc.

--voltaic

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 5:14 PM, Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1 April 2010 22:02, Jakub Lach <jakub_lach_AT_mailplus.pl> wrote:
> > Dnia 1 kwietnia 2010 22:44 Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com> napisaƂ(a):
> >
> >> If you think I miss any bugs it's a good time now to send me a
> >> reminder, though bare with me as I'll have limited connectivity during
> >> Easter ;)
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Anselm
> >
> > Feel free to ignore this message if you consider it inappropriate.
> >
> > I would like to mention SDL problems, however SDL is not crucial to
> > me anymore; people that really care about it should speak up and
> > propose dwm / SDL patch or cooperation scheme in that matter.
>
> Ok I add this to the list. If I have some spare time I might have a
> quick glance at what SDL does, and possibly we can come up with some
> patch for them. I won't change dwm into a parent'ing WM though ;)
>
> Cheers,
> Anselm

2010-04-10-145556_1920x1080_scrot.png