Re: [dev] dwm does something bad to X.org 1.7.6

From: Benoit T <benoit.triquet_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 00:29:58 +0200

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 03:55:46PM +0600, mikhail maluyk wrote:
> I have the same problem. After latest update on development version of
> debian, Xorg behaviour is insane. I'm not sure dwm is causing the trouble

insane how? cpu consomption? event lagging? those are what i saw.

> though.

neither am i, i have no evidence of that, all i know is that dwm is
triggering something in xserver-xorg, that wmii seems to as well and
the other WMs i tried don't, including awesome (which has code from dwm)

at any rate either dwm is doing unjustified amounts of requests - i
don't believe so - or xserver-xorg is compelled into doing something
stupid and that would be an xorg bug plain and simple, no matter what
dwm does exactly.

cheers

--
Benoit Triquet <benoit.triquet at gmail.com>