Re: [dev] Anyone have the traditional vi working on the xterm?

From: pmarin <pacogeek_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 11:20:44 +0200 (CEST)

> Could you please explain what exactly the problem was.
>
> Because I have ex-vi ``Version 4.0 (gritter) 3/25/05'' here and it
> resizes without problem in xterm. Now I wonder what the differences to
> your installation are.

Currently I am using "Version 4.0 (gritter) 12/25/06" (CVS) but I had the
same problem with the previous version.

Vi maintains the same size of the window (The lines of the buffer that are
displayed on the screen) when the window is resized. The setsize function
(ex_tty.c) fetch the window size using a ioctl of TIOCGWINGSZ but later
this value is overwritten with the environment variable LINES. My xterm
actualizes this variable each time the window is resized but It seems
that vi is faster (it uses SIGWINCH).

Cheers.
pmarin