Re: [dev] Suckless BT client(s)?

From: Jimmy Tang <jtang_AT_tchpc.tcd.ie>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 10:44:02 +0100

On Tue, May 04, 2010 at 02:04:45AM -0700, zilog_AT_freeshell.org wrote:
> Was recently looking for a simple console BitTorrent client. Found ctorrent
> but it's unmaintained, and Enhanced CTorrent which is still being worked on.
> Found a few others like rtorrent but they seem to require some additional
> dependences like Perl. Maybe a good suckless project?
>
> Jeff

I didn't think rtorrent needed perl. i guess the classic python client
is as good as any other? but yes a small simple client with a limiter
on how much to be seeded would be nice. i use aria2 myself for this,
but it has a few more dependancies than rtorrent.

jimmy

--
Jimmy Tang
Trinity Centre for High Performance Computing,