Re: [dev] SWK: The simple widget kit

From: pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com>
Date: Sun, 09 May 2010 04:58:46 +0200

Applied.

I was expecting a diff, but bundle is ok too :)

The debug printfs you removed are ok..i mean.. I was using them for debugging purposes, and its not something to be in mainstream.

What was your impression? What you would add or change?

I forgot to explain some of the keybindings or features..

Use control +/- to increase/decrease font size
control + j/k like tab/shift tab to change focus
it supports touchscreens and normal desktops
scrolling boxes is done by click+drag or mouse wheel
there is no support for multiline widgets like text area widget
mouse button configuration will be done when we get x11 backend
looking for ports to x11,android,w32,osx,iphone...

X11 backend can add a widget to embed other x11 apps like tabbed does, so ...it would be a good exercice to try to write a replacdment in swk, or just think on possible apps, design their interfaces correctly and implement them. This will help us to find the requirements.. To know which widgets we need, enhace the layout algorithm, rendering...

This step adds another step in the chain.. This is.. We need a guideline to design suckless user interfaces...i have some ideas in mind..but i would prefer to have swk more stable to think on that atm.

here there are some screenshots:

http://lolcathost.org/b/swk.png // desktop
http://lolcathost.org/b/swk900.jpg // n900

--pancake