Re: [dev] [surf] patch : toggle, horiz scroll, togglestyle

From: <stanio_AT_cs.tu-berlin.de>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 17:12:54 +0200

* Rob Greer <samineru_AT_gmail.com> [2010-05-20 14:58]:
> On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 04:12, <stanio_AT_cs.tu-berlin.de> wrote:
>
> > - scroll uses a heuristic in passing integer parameter borrowed from
> > meillo, I guess, and extended to scroll a page up/down or to the
> > begin/end of document. Scrolling vertically and horizontally differs
> > just in the GtkAdjustment used. So I've put them together.
> >
> Can't you just do this with Home and End?

sure

> > Horizontal scroll is very useful on many (broken) sites when you have a
> > small screen.
> >
> Arrow keys?

Of course. Moreover, you can scroll up/down with arrow keys, too. But jk is
part of the interface anyway, so for full vi-like experience you add hl
(and gG) at very low additional cost or to be consistent to your argument
you remove the jk binings at all and save some code. I'd go for the former.

cheers,

--
 stanio_