Re: [dev] libixp hg 118 install problems

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 16:35:04 -0400

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 09:42:06PM +0200, Thomas Dahms wrote:
>>Sorry, minor typo. It should be fixed. How is the PKGBUILD broken? It
>>works fine for me.
>
>It will probably work if you have a local clone of the repo and just
>do a makepkg therein.
>
>If you look at it like the average user that tries to build a
>package, it works only when you already cloned the repo

That's exactly the point. If you don't have a local clone of the
repo, you don't have the PKGBUILD, so there's no problem.

>so you have to comment out the _hgrepo and _hgroot lines on the
>first run, but then this "ln -snf" does not work, because the
>path exists, and then "cd $startdir" further below should read
>"cd $startdir/src/wmii" (or better "cd $srcdir/wmii" according
>to the Arch guidelines).

The _hgrepo and _hgroot lines are already commented out, and the
ln -snf line always works, because of the -f flag. Although, to
be honest, I don't think it's necessary. It would probably work
without it. The whole point of that PKGBUILD is that you can
build the package straight from the repo without any fuss.
Anyone who wants to do different can just use the AUR.

--
Kris Maglione
It is a farce to call any being virtuous whose virtues do not result