[dev] Announcing rc-http 1.0

From: Ethan Grammatikidis <eekee57_AT_fastmail.fm>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 17:53:29 +0100

rc-httpd is a web server designed to run anywhere werc will, requiring
only rc, awk, sed, and ls from the Plan 9 toolset. At 388 lines of
code it's not tiny, but it is rather feature-complete. It will serve
CGI scripts (including werc), its own modules (rather more efficient
than CGI), static files, and automatically index directories across
multiple separately-configured virtual hosts. Configuration requires
writing rc script, but I think many people will still find it easier
than configuring Apache or many other servers.

Find it at http://eekee.is-a-geek.org/rc-httpd/

I hope this message isn't too much like spam. I wanted to get the news
of rc-httpd's existence 'out there', but won't be announcing future
releases on these lists unless encouraged otherwise. Mail me off-list
if you would like news of future updates.

--
Simplicity does not precede complexity, but follows it. -- Alan Perlis