[dev] [wmii] ubuntu packages on launchpad are broken

From: Moritz Wilhelmy <crap_AT_wzff.de>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 14:26:42 +0200

Hi everyone, especially Kris,

I installed the lucid (and afterwards looked at the one from karmic, which
shows the same behaviour) package from launchpad [1] on the lucid I'm
unfortunately forced to use, and both packages are tiny (4.8 KiB) and lack
essential files. I guess that's related to the recent problems with building
wmii on ubuntu.

root_AT_noam:~# dpkg -L wmii
/.
/usr
/usr/share
/usr/share/doc
/usr/share/doc/wmii
/usr/share/doc/wmii/README
/usr/share/doc/wmii/copyright
/usr/share/doc/wmii/changelog.Debian.gz
/usr/share/menu
/usr/share/menu/wmii
/usr/share/icons
/usr/share/icons/wmii.png
/etc/X11/wmii-3.5/rc.wmii
/etc/X11/wmii-3.5/wmiirc
/etc/X11/wmii-3.5/welcome

That's all, no binaries, nothing.

Also, would you please add a wmii.desktop file for gdm to
/usr/share/xsessions/, where this piece of crap keeps it's configs since the
authors never heard something about /etc for config files?

Kind regards,

Moritz

[1] https://launchpad.net/~maglione-k/+archive/ppa