Re: [dev] Fwd: OT:GUI wireless connections management?

From: Marvin Vek <laen_AT_onedot.nl>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 19:32:24 +0200

On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 01:22:01PM -0400, Kris Maglione wrote:
> On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 07:01:11PM +0200, Marvin Vek wrote:
> >Iirc: you're not using that ugly, bloated, badly implemented Linux or
> >BSD then, right? Cause that would be weird!
> >
> >Loving good tools and implementations is one thing, coping with problems
> >or improving situations to write decent alternatives is another.
> >
> >Fanboyism and joining mailinglists just to say what they use is shit and
> >you've got it all better is imho uncalled for.
>
> I could be wrong, but, isn't that the whole point of this list?

Not afaik. Why is there software beeing developed for Linux? Why aren't
we all on Plan9 and forget about that hideous OS? Again, if i understand
it correctly, the idea is to learn from Plan9, implement it's idea's
cause they're good, and do have decent alternatives. The fanboyism is
getting a bit on my nerves.

--
Marvin Vek
-