Re: Re: [dev] Fwd: OT:GUI wireless connections management?

From: Antoni Grzymala <antoni_AT_chopin.edu.pl>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 21:59:02 +0200

Dmitry Maluka dixit (2010-05-30, 22:30):

> That's gone. We (IT people) surrendered the initiative to the world
> around, though we could push that technical limitation through to force
> the world to switch to a simple small unified alphabet.

May I suggest, that it would much simpler for the world to actually fix
a few libs in a few conservative OS'es?

There's nothing that makes the notion of one-byte-per-character somewhat
universal. Just an arbitrary desision that you want to stick to because
of the way computing history has developed. Why not two characters or
four?

Regards,

--
[a]