Re: [dev] Tiling windowmanager workflow (Was: [dvtm] Fibonacci layout patch)

From: Martin Kopta <martin_AT_kopta.eu>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 15:01:30 +0200

On Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 01:56:28PM +0200, Moritz Wilhelmy wrote:
> Actually tiling doesn't even make much sense on it, when I went with monocle on
> the netbook I grew used to it and use it everywhere now.
> Anyone else interested in sharing their way how they use their System? It seems
> like an interesting topic.

I use mainly monocle mode also. I have 12 tags (1..12, mapped to F{1..12}) and I
hardly ever run more than 12 apps at once. I am hardcore minimalist and I tend
to throw away everything what is not needed. Also, since I understood suckless
motion, I replace many apps for less-sucking alternatives. Like Geeqie->qiv,
Thunar->xterm, openoffice->google docs, and so on.. Few months ago I set my
$HOME as read only and removed dotfiles and dotdirs what I didn't create myself
or explicitly want. Many apps showed their true nature.