Re: [dev] [st] border crop fix

From: Aurélien Aptel <aurelien.aptel_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 16:15:46 +0200

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 11:38 PM, Adrian <ingolemo_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> St has a bug where characters are always cropped slightly off of the
> bottom and right hand sides of the window. I suspect that this is
> caused by st not taking into account the border when regenerates the
> pixmap during a window resize event.

I've tried to fix it too, but there's still a space at the edge of the
pixmap that I can't remove...

> I've attached a patch that appears to solve the problem for me. I'm
> not very experienced with Xlib or C, so hopefully it doesn't
> inadvertently introduce some other bug.

I'm not very experienced with the Xlib either.
Anyway, the bug is fixed but there's still some space wasted between
the end of the last line and the end of the terminal pixmap (buf in
st.c).
The problem lies in the size hints : they do not seem to be handled
correctly by the wm (i'm using wmii) or I'm not using them correctly
(more probable).