Re: [dev] [st] border crop fix

From: Aurélien Aptel <aurelien.aptel_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 20:38:34 +0200

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 7:26 PM, Ethan Grammatikidis <eekee57_AT_fastmail.fm> wrote:
> Perhaps you could not use the size hints and just draw extra background when
> left with a partial row or column. That way can look neater in tiling WMs.

From the ICCCM manual posted above:
width = base_width + (i × width_inc)
height = base_height + (j × height_inc)
Window managers are encouraged to use i and j instead of width and
height in reporting window sizes to users.

It seems better to leave the extra space to the wm.

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 2:10 AM, Adrian <ingolemo_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> I've attached another patch based on the new tip that seems to work.
> Same caveat as before.

Applied, thanks.

There's still a resize problem when the window is first mapped : no
StructureNotify events are send by the wm when a newly created window
is tiled.
I've attached a screenshot of the result.
To solve this, I resize (explicitly) the window after mapping it (see
XXX in run()) but I guess there's a better way.

bug.png