Re: [dev] Tiling windowmanager workflow (Was: [dvtm] Fibonacci layout patch)

From: Claudio M. Alessi <smoppy_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2010 19:52:56 +0200

On Fri, Jun 04, 2010 at 07:07:15PM +0200, Alexander Teinum wrote:
> I use four tags:
>
> 1 – Web
> 2 – Editing
> 3 – Terminal
> 4 – Spotify
If you use one client per tag, then you could use only one tag and cycle
between clients (like you actually do with tags).
I usually have 2 tags, 1 with rxvt+dvtm, 2 with Google Chrome, which I switch
with mod-tab. I'd also set mod-backspace to cycle the clients into the current
tag. Though, I'd invert Caps Lock and Backspace, so it's almost the same thing
to type mod-tab or mod-backspace. I know it's a matter of taste, but think
about it if can improve your workflow in some way.

> Since alt+numbers is used for changing tabs in Chromium, I use alt+j,
> alt+k, alt+l and alt+; for switching between the tags in dwm. I don't
> use much of the more advanced tag features. I have set up these
> keyboard shortcuts for launching applications:
Why don't you just replace all [1-9] with F[1-9] in your config.h? This way you
can comfortally use all clients which already provide alt-[1-9] to change
"something" (like Chromium).

Regards,
Claudio M. Alessi