Re: [dev] stderr: unnecessary?

From: pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 12:45:06 +0200

On 32 bits u can use 64 bit offsets without issues.. Just have to put
some defines before #include

Ilinux have all io syscalls dupped for 32 and 64 (open, open64, read,
read64...)

In bsd 32bit calls are just wrapped inside the 64 bit ones.

But really..64bit offsets are ok, but 64bit length... Is certainly
stupid. Not because u can it's good to do.. Make the test and u will
end up with a totally unresponsible app that makes the whole system go
slow just for a single syscall with not recommended way to use it.

As I said. Make the test and u will understand.