Re: [dev] Interesting post about X11

From: Alexander Teinum <ateinum_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 23:20:27 +0200

I find this interesting as well. The lower level stuff is understood
by a few guys, and it seems old – but they might just have an image
problem; I think I have read in a few recent interviews with the
developers that X.Org is in good shape.

Personally I would love to see a minimalistic replacement, and I have
followed the Wayland development for some time. Since the computer is
almost never used without a web browser, I’d like to see the web
browser engine run in fullscreen and have all applications – including
the system that organizes the applications and the terminal
implemented by using web technologies. This is slightly bit off-topic,
but my point is that we may never see another generation of “X.Org +
window manager + GTK/QT + applications built on these toolkits”-like
architecture built from scratch ever again.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Teinum