Re: [dev] Interesting post about X11

From: Robert Ransom <rransom.8774_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 23:50:40 -0700

On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 05:28:30 +0200
Anders Andersson <pipatron_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

> What saddened me the most in that article is that a KDE developer
> actually had no idea that you could run applications remotely,
> something I do on a daily basis without giving it much thought and one
> of the really cool and powerful features with X.
>
> "of course this is a bizarre corner case not worth much thought", yeah right..

From the context of that quote, he seems to be talking about starting
an application on an X display other than the one you are using. That
*is* somewhat unusual -- probably unusual enough that the
specification's authors won't be personally inconvenienced by breaking
that case spectacularly, and the B-A-D spec will be inflicted on the
rest of the world before anyone with a clue can stop it.

Robert Ransom