Re: [dev] Interesting post about X11

From: Kurt H Maier <karmaflux_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 21:32:49 -0400

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 6:33 PM, Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com> wrote:
> UX is one of my interests, particularly
> since most programmers seem to suck so hard at it. \

<snip>

> How tiring. Next time I suggest reading what people actually write
> before replying with snotty shit.

Using the term 'user experience' at all, much less abbreviating it
'UX,' is every bit as snotty. A lot of programmers don't give a shit
about 'user experience' because they are competent users of a
complicated machine, and they expect other people to be able to
maintain respiration while remembering which button to press next.

'User experience' these days means 'enabling ignorant people to do
things they don't need to do with devices they don't need to use.'
Try to keep that in mind while we all ignore your glowing buttons and
dynamic menus with pastel gradients.

--
# Kurt H Maier