Re: [dev] Interesting post about X11

From: Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 05:26:28 +0100

On 16 June 2010 00:44, Robert Ransom <rransom.8774_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> > You have heard of HTML5's <canvas>, right?
>
> No, I hadn't.  Does that only bypass the text layout step, or does it
> allow directly painting on the screen?

It supports a bunch of 2D raster drawing functions within the bounds
of the canvas.

> Try <script type='application/python3'> or <script
> type='application/scheme+r6rs'> (the text/* media types are supposed to
> be for content meant to be displayed as text, and in a format that is
> human-readable if displayed as plain text). Or try scheme2js.

Surely interpreted languages (assuming you haven't, eg, compiled
Python to bytecode) are human-readable if displayed as plaintext?
Converting into JavaScript is ugly, but possible. I'm holding out for
something better.

cls