Re: [dev] picture

From: Jakub Lach <jakub_lach_AT_mailplus.pl>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 00:05:02 +0200

Dnia 20 czerwca 2010 23:16 Ethan Grammatikidis
<eekee57_AT_fastmail.fm> napisaƂ(a):

> I used this in rc-httpd:
>
> LICENSE
>
> None. rc-httpd is in the public domain, I give up all rights to it.
> For countries without a concept of public domain, consider it
> entirely
> without owner.
>
> If anyone sees any problems with it, I'd like to know.

If it works in your legal system that's good, but this license
is probably useless (for authors) in Poland, because:

a) Public domain is legally non-defined and by most
barely grasped / vague concept.

(Most people who could use your software would stick to safer
licensed works, which have clearer legal status.)

b)You cannot as a author legally binding disclaim copyright.

Cession of author's economic rights to another person is of course
possible, however complete waiver of them is different case..

regards,
Jakub Lach