Re: [dev] [sic] srw - simple read wrapper

From: Ethan Grammatikidis <eekee57_AT_fastmail.fm>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 13:26:03 +0100

On 24 Jun 2010, at 07:10, anonymous wrote:

> Works nice, but with 9term it is possible to move cursor and edit
> line. If you don't want to use readline (because of license), you can
> use libedit from BSD.

Or linenoise[1], which sucks vastly less than either. :)

[1] http://github.com/antirez/linenoise

It's a single C file of 432 lines as opposed to libedit's 20k and
readline's 30k, and works with perhaps > 99% of the terminals still in
use, as nearly all terminals respect vt100 escape codes. I was
introduced to it the other day when looking for something to make rc
usable on a machine where 9term just isn't working out, one way or
another.