Re: [dev] pertag and bstack patches to dwm incompatible

From: Andrew Antle <andrew.antle_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 13:20:53 -0400

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 12:55 PM, Donald Allen <donaldcallen_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> I actually offered to do this in a private message to Anselm last December.
> He didn't respond. He's always been very good about responding to my emails
> (and in a very gentlemanly way, I might add), so I think this one just fell
> through a crack (and I'd be lying if I claimed I'd never done this myself).
> That I sent it on the day before Xmas probably didn't help. In that message
> I mentioned that I wasn't sure what the protocol was for fixing the patches
> of others (e.g., suppose I fix a problem in a way that is not acceptable to
> the original author -- what then?).

> /Don

Hey Don -

Aside from v4hn's previous mail; that's what the wiki's for. :) Just
clone the repo, add your patch with a different name and an
explanation. It doesn't have to replace v4hn's. One might work for
someone's setup, the other for another's...

> I don't want to take the time to do this if it won't be used.

This might be part of the problem. You'd use it, right? It's probably
taken more time having this short conversation than patching and
committing it.

Cheers,

--
Andrew Antle