Re: [dev] wmii: automount USB pens [was: dash, bash and tests in wmiirc]

From: Nick <suckless-dev_AT_njw.me.uk>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 02:38:38 +0100

Quoth LuX:
> @Nick: Thank you for your udev rule. It might be handy, but I'm
> not so enthusiastic in using this method: it calls sudo (hence
> requires so special preferences for ordinary users, I guess)

Sudo is used so that mounts aren't owned by root (or whatever user
udevd is running as). I know setting it to my user is somewhat
flawed, but hey; the joy of single-user machines.

If someone wanted it would be quite easy to make a shell script to
set the user according to who was logged in. It could even wrap
around mount to remove the pmount dependency. But as I say, it's
simple and works for me, so I'm quite happy not to touch it :-)

Nick