After reading this list for quite some time and with the upcoming release of
the next stable version of dmenu around, I've decided to share a small but
hopefully useful extension. I've expanded the filecompletion patch made by
Jeremy Jay (http://lists.suckless.org/dwm/0901/7355.html).
I've tried to make it behave like most shells did. The new features are:
- complete the longest common prefix after first tab press
- cycle through possible completions with subsequent tab presses, shift-tab for
- automatically add a slash to directory names
- file globbing support (*?)
- escape special shell characters
- support for multiple filenames, not just one
Please notice that this patch also slightly changes dmenu_run in order to
support multiple files. The old version did not honor escaped spaces.
Enjoy or move on,
Received on Tue Aug 03 2010 - 22:56:05 CEST
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0 : Tue Aug 03 2010 - 23:12:01 CEST