[dev] [dmenu] enhanced filecompletion patch

From: Bert Münnich <ber.t_AT_gmx.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 22:56:05 +0200

Hi,

After reading this list for quite some time and with the upcoming release of
the next stable version of dmenu around, I've decided to share a small but
hopefully useful extension. I've expanded the filecompletion patch made by
Jeremy Jay (http://lists.suckless.org/dwm/0901/7355.html).

I've tried to make it behave like most shells did. The new features are:
- complete the longest common prefix after first tab press
- cycle through possible completions with subsequent tab presses, shift-tab for
        reverse direction
- automatically add a slash to directory names
- file globbing support ([]*?)
- escape special shell characters
- support for multiple filenames, not just one

Here it is:
http://www2.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~muennich/dmenu/dmenu-4.1.1-filecompletion-bm.diff

Please notice that this patch also slightly changes dmenu_run in order to
support multiple files. The old version did not honor escaped spaces.

Enjoy or move on,
Bert