Re: [dev] [dwm] number of tag limited?

From: thuban <thuban_AT_singularity.fr>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 22:50:13 +0200

Le Thu, 5 Aug 2010 18:59:29 +0200,
yy <yiyu.jgl_AT_gmail.com> a écrit :

> 2010/8/5 thuban <thuban_AT_singularity.fr>:
> > Just a question about dwm, is it possible to have more than 9 tag?
>
> You can define as many tags as you want in your config.h file.
>
> > My question is, could you create tags only if they are needed (a
> > window moved in, on drawn in), just like in wmii. I already had
> > written this question, but no one semmed to know if it was possible
> > to code.
>
> Yes, it is possible. Just check that the window is not being used (you
> can use occ) in drawbar to not draw them. You will also want to modify
> buttonpress.

Well, I suppose I have to read carefully the code to find a way for
this.
However, I'm surprised that this is not the default use of dwm. It is
supposed to be suckless, and on my own, I think having "opened tags"
that are useless (meaning with no window inside) sucks at least a
little.
So, let's read and try to code a little, as if I'm e real beginner for
this :) . It must be a good training.