[dev] wrap: minimalist archiving tool

From: Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 15:10:29 +0100

Hey all,

I've written a tiny archiver, which I've called "wrap" for lack of a
better name. It is 120 lines of C, and yields far smaller archives
than tar while overcoming the various crippling limitations of ar. It
does, however, only store files - subdirectories are implicit.
Interestingly during testing the best compression results came from
our very own sflate.

I'm not quite sure of the use case for this, but I don't know, someone
might find one, or otherwise admire my adept time wasting skills.

Thanks,
cls