Re: [dev] Suckless design in Games

From: Eivind Michael Skretting <eivind_AT_linux.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 16:13:48 +0200

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 10:32:15AM +0200, Antoni Grzymala wrote:
> > I hope you aren't suggesting that Mozart *is* minimalist.
>
> He most definitely is (along with Chopin, I'd argue) – at the opposite
> end you'd find Bruckner, Wagner and Berlioz. Flame away, I'm on holiday.

Mozart and Chopin really have nothing to do with Minimalism. Some of Mozart's
pieces are maybe light (but not all of them, like Don Giovanni or Kyrie
Eleison from Requiem), and Chopin may be elegant, but Minimalism is a
seperate genre of music, represented by composers like John Adams, Steve
Reich and Philip Glass.

One of the big differences is the theme development, Minimalists use
none of the classical forms of Mozart or Chopin, but rather a repetitive
form of slow progression.

No flames, just information :)

Eivind