Re: [dev] Suckless design in Games

From: Eivind Michael Skretting <eivind_AT_linux.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 17:08:30 +0200

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 09:35:48PM +0700, Anh Hai Trinh wrote:
> I think the essence of minimalism is that one take away as much as one
> possibly can.

Then one should exclude Chopin from that definition. In regard to the
"needless repetitions" of Reich and Glass, that is much of what the
style is about. The music is more about structures and patterns than
melody and harmony.

On a end note, the original mention of Minimalism was with a capital
"M", so I figured the discussion needed some clearing-up.

Eivind