Re: [dev] flo - a command line program for organizing events, to-dos, and deadlines

From: Alexander Teinum <ateinum_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 08:57:12 +0200

> Sounds intriguing, and I'm going to check it out, but I have to admit to
> being the "Designer" of a competing bit of software at
> http://taskwarrior.org

I don’t have time to try it out right now, but I see how an
interactive interface might be practical. Mine is more like a pure
command line application. Yesterday I added events for the university
semester this fall, and I did this using bash for-loops and another
small application that I’m working on that converts an ISO 6801 date
to a YYYYMMDD format.

The following line adds one event for the course IS-403 every week
between 35 and 35, and it places it on friday. The lab is between
08:15 and 16:00.

for i in {35..45}; do flo :u :is403 :h1024 :lab,`week $i 4`0815-`week
$i 4`1600; done

Then I use this alias to look up stuff:

alias fp='flo | grep'

fp :u
fp :lab

etc.

Now that I’ve got more than 100 items, I find this usable:

alias fh='flo | grep ^[^t] | head -n 25; flo | grep ^t'

I found that the standard of GNU grep sucked, and I recommend using
pcregrep instead (pcre.org).

> Should the word "id" appear in the "Change item" example of your Usage
> section of readme.md?

Yes. You just found a bug. Thank you!