Re: [dev] [st] various possible bugs

From: Aurélien Aptel <aurelien.aptel_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 08:06:10 +0200

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 1:11 AM, Ramana Kumar <ramana.kumar_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> I finally got st to build by just copying the st.info file to the
> (missing) st-256color.info file.

It builds but it doesn't add any new description. It will just
overwrite the previous st description.

> First things I noticed:
> 1. Backspace doesn't work (nor does CTRL-H)

That should be fixed when the info file is fixed.

> 2. Unicode characters don't display properly (the one I noticed is ∀)

There's no unicode support atm.

> 3. This one is probably not your problem, but man and vim both
> complain about the unrecognized terminal (but I should just set $TERM
> to something else I guess).

TERM is set to st-256colors and there's no description of its
capabilities (= correct backspace keycode). Just change TERM to st or
xterm but the emulation not quite ready yet for the latter; some
things get messed up. But try it anyway, it might just work for you.
You can change TERM directly in st.c. Maybe I should put that define
in config.h...

It's good to see some feedback on the list, I thought to no one was
interested in the project :)
I'm planning to write the current state of st on its page along with
some information on what can be configured, etc.