Re: [dev] nscript - a little stack-based scripting language interpretter I wrote

From: Moritz Wilhelmy <crap_AT_wzff.de>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 22:02:56 +0200

Hi,

The whole thing actually reminds me of postscript, which I consider a language
with a nice syntax. The only thing that sucks about it, is that adobe buried it
in favour of this PDF crap, which is really sad.
I thought about implementing an alternative windowing system (possibly
replacing X11) based on ghostscript and Display PS, but given that Display PS
is even more dead than PS itself, I'm not so sure what it will become.
Anyway, this is completely unrelated, I just wanted to suggest you to take a
look at postscript. It is also well-documented, see [1], [2].
C bindings would be necessary if you plan to do something bigger with it, who
knows, maybe I can base my windowing system on ns? ;)
Not so sure it will suck less than X11 though (although I guess it's hard to
make software that sucks more..)

Kind regards,

Moritz

[1] http://www.adobe.com/products/postscript/pdfs/PLRM.pdf (kind of ironic that
    the postscript documentation itself is made available in PDF format)
[2] http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/ps/index_specs.html (additional
    papers)