Re: [dev] [patch] dmenu - support for xft font rendering

From: Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 20:33:23 +0100

I'm sympathetic with this view, being a lover of typography myself. But
you're in luck! dmenu, dwm, and libdraw already do support variable-width
fonts. My desktop system runs dmenu in Helvetica. :)

On Sep 1, 2010 8:19 PM, "Arian Kuschki" <arian.kuschki_AT_googlemail.com>
wrote:

Excerpts from Ethan Grammatikidis's message of 2010-09-01 19:00:17 +0200:

> Connor Lane Smith wrote: > > If someone were to write a simple clean xft
patch for libdraw it coul...
I can't comment on the code complexity, but I do wish there was support
for proportional fonts and other typographical niceties in
terminal/ncurses apps. Not directly related to Xft I guess, but longer
texts (email/rss feeds...) in monospace look rather unpleasant. It would
be awesome if swk could reconcile the simplicity and efficiency of
suckless tools with some basic regard for typography.