Re: [dev] [st] Bold Text should be bright?

From: Stefan Mark <mark_AT_unserver.de>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 12:05:06 +0200

On 02.09.2010 11:48, pancake wrote:
> I always hated bright fonts. Bold is bold and bright is bright.

I dont like it either, but it seems to be some kind of standart. Well,
the wikipedia says: 'Bright (increased intensity) or Bold', so both
could to be right, and sadly bold might be bright and bright might be
bold ;)

Some Programs relay on it. Htop for example has bright (or bold) black
text on black background. Without making bold also bright, its
invisible. Many other look strangely dull.

Many people (like me) dont like bold text in terminals, and set the same
font for bold as for normal text, which is rather useless without making
bold also bright.