Re: [dev] [surf] Commit 222 breaks javascript, page title, etc for "open in new window"

From: Nibble <nibble.ds_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 19:44:20 +0200

On Fri, 3 Sep 2010 08:37:00 -0400
Alex Puterbaugh <puterbaugh0_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

> It seems that surf commit 222 breaks surf's ability to process webkit
> signals in windows spawned from an existing surf instance. Also the
> patch doesn't actually fix the segfault mentioned in the commit
> message.
>
> It seems that if there is a segfault from closing a window while the
> page is loading, the proper response would be to stop the page from
> in 222 are even supposed to fix that segfault in the first place.
>
> Anyway, I just slapped a "webkit_web_view_stop_loading()" call in
> destroyclient in 221, instead of changing newclient. This approach
> doesn't seem to break existing functionality, and it solves the
> segfault problem from 221.
>
> Diff's attached.

Well, the webkit documentation says that if a webkit_web_view opens a
new view, the signals of the child view are handled by the parent. So,
it is not necessary to connect the signals of new created view, that's
why I put the "if (!newview)" statement (Maybe I misunderstood the
doc). So this commit fixed the segfault.

I use the past tense, because after reading your email I updated
libwebkit and now, as you say in your mail, when a "child webview" is
created, it doesn't handle the signals.

In short, pancake, gottox, arg or whoever with commit access to the
surf repo, feel free to revert the last changes and apply this new
patch :) Sorry, for the noise... I should update my libs before
patching any app...

Kind regards,
--nibble