Re: [dev] [st] Bold Text should be bright?

From: Ethan Grammatikidis <eekee57_AT_fastmail.fm>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 01:19:44 +0100

On 2 Sep 2010, at 10:06 am, Stefan Mark wrote:

> Im not sure if this is right, but most Terminals seem to make bold
> text also bright. Some programs, like htop for example, rely on this.

You missed a word: some broken programs. Not only was bright for bold
was a hack for very brain-damaged devices, in an age where the
maximum brightness of a screen must be set low so that large bright
white areas are not too bright bright-for-bold usually means normal
text is dimmer than I want to read. I have bad memories of hacking on
a Linux console.