Re: [dev] [libdc] default font and unicode

From: <stanio_AT_cs.tu-berlin.de>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 14:29:14 +0200

Hey,

* Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com> [2010-09-30 11:58]:
> Hey,
>
> On 30 September 2010 10:49, <stanio_AT_cs.tu-berlin.de> wrote:
> > I've switched to newer dmenu (one with libdc) these days and noticed that
> > with the deafult font Cyrillic characters are broken.
> >
> > The attached tiny patch selects a fixed font aware of unicode and works for
> > me.
>
> Interesting, the default font "fixed" is unicode aware on my machine.
> I fear a lack of font name standards. I'll check out the patch
> tonight.

I should have admitted that I don't know much about font configuration.
I guess there is a sane way to say which font to use in general.

Just to clarify, with previious dmenu I used to have working font in
config.h. It is now not #included in dmenu.c, so without customizing, the
old dmenu's behaviour wold have been the same.

cheers,

--
 stanio_