Re: [dev] [OT] ubuntu moves to wayland from xorg

From: pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2010 17:51:53 +0100

----- Original message -----
> On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 12:23 PM, Peter John Hartman
> <peterjohnhartman_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> > 1. Emulate the onscreen keyboard (at a lowish X level presumably, but
> > an ncurses gpm-style cli would be pretty super-rad).
>
> There is already a suckless onscreen keyboard; I don't know why it's
> not in the tools repo at suckless.org.  I think pancake wrote it?

Uhm.. Didnt knew that..but i did not wrote it :P

btw. I find wayland much cleaner than xorg. Meego is also going to use it, so..it looks like a real replacement for x. You can still run xnest inside wayland afaik.

Time will say..but wayland is about 3000LOC and api is pretty neat. While relaying on gles