[dev] xmessage replacement similar to dmenu

From: Ciprian Dorin, Craciun <ciprian.craciun_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 20:37:04 +0200

    Hello all!

    I'm currently using the `dmenu` in some scripts, but I also need a
tool similar to `dmenu` which displays a (multi-line) message (like
`xmessage`).

    So my first question is: are there any such similar tools? (I
think `dzen` would be good candidate, but I'm afraid it's a little bit
over featured for this task.)

    And secondly: is there a `dmenu` patch that also allows the
display of a multi-line message at the top of the list (this should
work both in the case of horizontal or vertical lists)? This way it
could be used as a simple `dialog` variant for X. (For example the
text would be help instructions for the command that must be entered.)

    Thanks,
    Ciprian.