Re: [dev] [st] Fixed -e with support for spaces

From: Aurélien Aptel <aurelien.aptel_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 23:50:39 +0100

On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 10:20 PM, Joseph Xu <josephzxu_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> Not sure what you mean by breaking argument parsing. I think it's the
> simplest way to parse a command with complex quoted arguments correctly
> without having to run an extra shell process.

It breaks st argument parsing because you have to put -e at the end
and the man page/usage will be cluttered with this "feature".
Also, I'm not sure a command line argument is the best place to write
complex code. A separate script might be a better idea.

On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 10:34 PM, Moritz Wilhelmy <crap_AT_wzff.de> wrote:
> I agree with you on that. Furthermore, both urxvt and xterm do it the same way.
> I think it makes sense and people are used to it that way.

I've personally never had to use xterm/urxvt -e option. Oh well. If
everyone wants it, might as well apply it. Anyone against it?