Re: [dev] Re: [wmii] Is it possible *not* to select a category of spawned clients?

From: Christophe-Marie Duquesne <chm.duquesne_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 18:58:08 +0100

I would personally be glad to have this feature. It could be cool to
be able to specify that as a rule, like:

wmiir write /rules <<!
    /^Uzbl:/ select=off
!

Or something like that (the concepts of selecting and focusing could
also be kept separated, as in awesome, but I personally don't see any
reason for doing that).

I looked at the code, but the codebase is larger than my expectations
and I still haven't found the place to modify. From what I understand,
rules are applied in apply_rules (called by client_manage in
cmd/wmii/client.c), in client.c. in the end, apply_rules just seems to
call ixp_message with the matching rules, and I was unable to find
where exactly I could add code to prevent clients to be immediately
selected. Do you have any hints for me?