Re: [dev] [st] Separating the wheat (terminal emulation) from the chaff (X)

From: Josh Cartwright <joshc_AT_linux.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 10:42:05 -0600

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 05:11:14PM +0100, pancake wrote:
> I tend to use the scrolling, mostly when I type a command, and the
> result is longer than expected, so it doesnt fits the window.

I find that using the scrollback buffers from tmux is a lot nicer than
wrestling with my terminal's scrollback buffer. At least then I can
browse the buffer with vi keys and search it using '/' or '?'. The
added bonus is copy-and-paste support (which is sometimes useful).

Thats just me though, perhaps the minimalists around here scoff at using
tmux or screen. :D

--
                                    joshc