Re: [dev] wmii unicode in the status?

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 16:29:19 -0500

On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 10:40:20AM -0500, Eitan Goldshtrom wrote:
> Forgot to say that I don't know about anything else. Everything for wmii
> is at it's defaults. I'm using wmii-3.5

You really shouldn't be using wmii 3.5. It's ancient. Your best
bet if you want unicode, sadly, is to use a version that
supports xft and then choose a font like xft:terminus or
xft:fixed. Failing that, just using a font like terminus with
standard X font sets should probably get you half decent
coverage.

That said, I chose the current default font,
'-*-fixed-medium-r-*-*-13-*-*-*-*-*-*-*', because it seems to
have the most reliable support under standard X font rendering.

--
Kris Maglione
Real Programmers don't believe in schedules.  Planners make up