[dev] [dwm] floating window if fullscreen

From: Nick <suckless-dev_AT_njw.me.uk>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 01:14:17 +0000

Hi list,

I'm quite new to dwm, so apologies if I'm missing something.

I like using fullscreen mplayer, and being able to switch between
different windows in monocle mode. However, if mplayer is set to
fullscreen (-fs), when I use the next/previous window key commands,
mplayer stays shown (though the keyboard focus does move). I don't
know if this is due to the mplayer window deciding it should float
(there are no such rules set up in my config.h). If I set no
fullscreen (-nofs) the problem disappears, providing the dimensions
of the window are less than my screen, otherwise the same thing
happens.

I could set nofullscreen and x & y to a few pixels less than my
screen size in the mplayer config, but that is a little unclean, and
I'd really like to understand what's going on.

Thanks,

Nick

P.S. I'm using dwm revision 1527