Re: [dev] [surf] disk cache location and size

From: Andrew Oakley <andrew_AT_ado.is-a-geek.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 13:07:20 +0000

On 07/03/11 05:49, Brandon Ros wrote:
> how does surf (or WebKit, seeing how surf is a thin layer of glue on
> top of WebKit) handle caching? where are the files stored? how can I
> change this location to say a directory mounted as a tmpfs/ramfs?

Browsers normally have a RAM cache as well as a disk cache for data
fetched through HTTP. It sounds like you just want to turn off the disk
cache and possibly increase the size of the RAM cache.

I don't know how to do that, I just think it is more likely to be what
you want.

(I work on a proprietary web browser and I'd rather just not look at the
source for other browsers than try and work out what I can and can't
look at.)

--
Andrew Oakley