[dev] [wmii] Chromium always starts as a floating window

From: Aaron Lindsay <aaron.lindsay_AT_vt.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 17:39:03 -0400

Hi all,

I'm using wmii under Arch, and have found that whenever I start
Chromium (version 10.0.648.133) (whether by Mod-p or by command line)
it is spawned as a floating window in wmii. I have installed both the
default from the Arch package repository as well as the latest version
from mercurial, and double- and triple-checked that none of my tag
rules could be setting it to be a floating window. Every other
application starts normally as a stacked window. I cannot find a way
to explicitly set a window as non-floating via tag rules (i.e., the
inverse of ~). I assume this is by design because windows should start
as non-floating by default.

Has anyone else encountered this problem, or have any insight into it?

Some info about my setup (let me know if more would be helpful to
diagnose the problem):
   $ wmiir read /rules
   $ wmii -v
   wmii-3.9.2, ©2010 Kris Maglione