[dev] Re: How do you cope with OSX? (if at all)

From: David Engster <deng_AT_randomsample.de>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 13:22:50 +0100

Anselm R. Garbe writes:
> at work I have to use OSX (on a MacBook Pro 13") for various reasons
> and wonder if anyone is using dwm in conjunction with OSX?

Not dwm, but wmii under XQuartz. You can run XQuartz in fullscreen, but
I ran into several problems and now I usually let it run in a separate
Space, so you can still quickly switch between X- and Aqua-Applications.

Putting

 osascript -e 'tell app "Finder" to quit'

in your .xinitrc will also ease the pain a bit. For installing
additional tools I use Macports; I've never been very happy with it, but
it's better than Fink.

-David