Re: [dev] Re: How do you cope with OSX? (if at all)

From: pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 17:29:43 +0100

At the beggining I was using dwm+xterm on XQuartz, but it was pretty
inneficient and anoying.

then I switched to virtualbox+linux in fullscreen

and now im using iTerm2 which have support for splits and tabs and
keybindings can be configured in a similar way to dwm and fullscreensupport.

So .. I use iTerm2 in fullscreen (like in monocle mode) most of the time
and then cmd-tab to switch to graphical apps. I have not
found any decent tiling (or even non-tiling) window manager for OSX. So
I stay in a fullscreen shell and ssh to the linux vm.

to install dwm in osx, you can just replace the /usr/bin/quartz-wm
binary and kill XQuartz.

I plan to install linux natively at some point, but it's the work's
laptop and i dont have much spare time to do this. (it's a macbookair 11")