Re: [dev] Re: How do you cope with OSX? (if at all)

From: Benjamin R. Haskell <suckless_AT_benizi.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 10:56:07 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 19 Mar 2011, pancake wrote:

> On 18/03/2011, at 18:42, Kurt H Maier wrote:
>
>> I'll stick with thinkpads. The keyboards are nicer, I don't have to
>> paw at a touchpad, [...]
>
> Paw at touchpad? What do 'paw' means?

Paw is the word used for most animal's feet. Used as a verb, it
implies that the action is somehow primitive or basic. So, perfectly
appropriate for a touchpad (blech).

Personally, I completely disable the touchpad on any laptop I use
whenever possible. Otherwise my wrists always unintentionally activate
it.

I don't think I've ever met a ThinkPad owner who didn't prefer the
nipple over a touchpad once they were used to it.

--
Ben